For designer Martin Brudnizki, the man behind such projects as the Dean Street Townhouse and Cecconis, the most important consideration when doing up a room is the lighting. "It’s the first thing I think about, and what you have to dictate the whole room around," he says. "You need good ceiling lights, you need something at mid-height, and you need floor lamps too. Get them right and the whole room will just work." Design legend Sir Terence Conran agrees: "Perfect lighting is paramount," he says. "I never understood where the obsession with spotlights came from, as they just make everything look so terrible." And so with that in mind, here’s our guide to our top ten pendant lights to set you on your way. Hang them high and they’ll instantly give your room a glow – and add instant shades of cool.
1. Muuto E27 Socket Lamp. The simplicity of the naked bulb is hard to compete with - it feels romantic and contemporary at the same time.
2. Spinning pendant from Stylish Life
3. Verpan Pantop pendant from mac&mac
4. Antler chandelier from Ivory Pearl Interiors
5. Muticoloured small Gypsy chandelier from The Contemporary Home
6. Le Klint 175B pendant on promotion at ACHICA. View here.
7. Jeeves pendant light from Innermost
There are regular lighting promotions on ACHICA.
For beautiful furniture, accessories and daily design ideas for your home and lifestyle,
shop at ACHICA.
Pip McCormac, Guest Editor
View all posts by Pip McCormac, Guest Editor