Tough week at work? Been out on the razz one night too many? Lacking sleep? When your head does finally hit the pillow it pays to invest in a super comfy mattress to get the best night’s sleep – try the pocketed-spring Isabelle mattresses with stylish Duke headboard, which is on ACHICA.com today. To find out what other simple tricks you can try to be as far out and snoozy at Sleeping Beauty, Jessica Alexander from the The Sleep Council shares her top tips. And, there’s not a sheep or lavender oil burner in sight. Follow her advice and you’ll be snoozing before you reach the end of this blog….zzzzzzzzz.
1. Keep regular hours. Going to bed and getting up at roughly the same time, all the time, will programme your body to sleep better. Choose a time when you’re most likely to feel sleepy.
2. Create a restful sleeping environment. Your bedroom should be kept for rest and sleep and it should be neither too hot, nor too cold; and as quiet and dark as possible. Don’t have your phone charging next to you – leave it in the living room!
3. Make sure your bed is comfortable. It’s difficult to get deep, restful sleep on one that’s too soft, too hard, too small or too old.
4. Take more exercise. Regular, moderate exercise such as swimming or walking can help relieve the day’s stresses and strains. But not too close too bedtime or it may keep you awake!
5. Cut down on stimulants such as caffeine in tea or coffee – especially in the evening. They interfere with falling asleep and prevent deep sleep. Have a hot milky drink or herbal tea instead.
6. Don’t over-indulge. Too much food or alcohol, especially late at night, just before bedtime, can play havoc with sleep patterns. Alcohol may help you fall asleep initially, but will interrupt your sleep later on in the night.
7. Don’t smoke. Yes, it’s bad for sleep, too: smokers take longer to fall asleep, wake more often and often experience more sleep disruption.
8. Try to relax before going to bed.. Have a warm bath, listen to some quiet music, do some yoga – all help to relax both the mind and body. Your doctor may be able to recommend a helpful relaxation tape, too.
9. Deal with worries or a heavy workload by making lists of things to be tackled the next day.
10. If you can’t sleep, don’t lie there worrying about it. Get up and do something you find relaxing until you feel sleepy again – then go back to bed.
Not yet a member? It’s free to join ACHICA.com to get your daily dose of shopping promotions.
For beautiful furniture, accessories and daily design ideas for your home and lifestyle, shop at ACHICA.
Bonds of Union
Timeless jewellery designs
Fun friendship bracelets for summer styling
Gatsby Inspired Wall Art
Roaring 20s' style for walls
Our favourite designer lighting in the spotlight
Puhlmann & The Zoo
Go wild with animal-themed home accessories
Iconic kitchen appliances
Audio accessories to fill your home with music
Sleek stainless steel serveware & utensils
Hotel Living: 600gsm Towels
Sumptuously soft bathroom luxury
Add a silver finish to your bathroom