Hands up who still needs to put their Christmas tree up? If walking past your neighbour’s home and seeing their tree glistening through the living room window isn’t enough inspiration to get your own tree up, then seeing Christmas 2011’s 10 best bauble designs just might be. And this year, the brighter and more colourful the better…
1. You can do so much with decorations that feature initials like these from The Letter Room. Hang them on the back of a chair as a name place, add to a gift, or simply spell out a festive word on your tree or mantelpiece.
2. Along with birds, butterflies are everywhere this year. We love Tesco’s take on teal this season. The key to using brights is to stick to just one or two colours. That way it doesn’t look like a five year old has decorated your tree, even if they have…
3. Bell decorations are essentials, especially when they’re as bright and glittery as these from Berry Red.
4. Simple styles are always a winner, like this electric blue snowflake from Debenhams.
5. Move over Jimmy Choo and Louboutin, every fashionista will want these shiny shoe tree decorations from Paperchase.
6. This style of bauble is called an onion, for obvious reasons. Fill glass cake stands with designs such as these from House of Fraser and make your own a festive centerpiece.
7. Accessorize has a great range of cute homewares and fab stocking fillers, but it’s these cute bird baubles that are top of our list.
8. These gems from Very are the kind of decoration that look good all year round – especially when they’re hung on door handles. The elegant design is perfect for a brighter, feminine, tree look this year.
9. Spread the joy with this dazzling tree ornament from Sainsbury’s. Just pop it in your basket with your sprouts and mince pies!
10. These delicate glass baubles have become huge collectables in the last few years. The new designs just get better and better, from The Contemporary Home.
Like the ACHICA Facebook page here
Follow ACHICA on Twitter here
Not yet a member? It’s free to join ACHICA.com to get your daily dose of shopping promotions
For beautiful furniture, accessories and daily design ideas for your home and lifestyle,
shop at ACHICA.
Emma Morton Turner, Guest Editor
View all posts by Emma Morton Turner, Guest Editor