Looking for something to make and share at the Jubilee street party this weekend? How about this delicious Hope & Greenwood Hazelnut Tarts with Strawberries recipe. Each bite is a little touch of heaven. Follow the recipe here…Happy Jubilee Weekend!
‘This recipe for hazelnut biscuits layered with strawberries and cream comes courtesy of Granny Hope, who often made this for her am ‘dram’ parties as one large ‘galette’, as she calls it,’ says Miss Hope. ‘She also had a banquette, a breakfast bar and a hostess trolley, a grapefruit segmented, grape scissors and an egg coddler.’
Hope & Greenwood’s Hazelnut Tart with Strawberries recipe
Makes 12 Granny Hope specials
Takes 30 minutes to make, plus chilling and 5 minutes to pop on Manual and his ‘Muisc of the Mountains’ and your kaftan!
50g whole blanched hazelnuts
25g icing sugar, plus extra to dust
40g plain flour, plus extra to dust
A pinch of salt
40g chilled unsalted butter, cubed, plus extra to grease
1 medium egg yolk, beaten
For the decoration
250g tub mascarpone
3 tbsp icing sugar
12 small strawberries (if they’re larger, halve or quarter them as necessary)
Piping bag and 1cm 1/2in star nozzle
This recipe for hazelnut biscuits la
1. Preheat the oven to 200 degrees C / Gas 6. Line a large baking sheet with baking parchment.
2. Toast the hazelnuts in the oven for 5 minutes until golden. Cool the nuts completely, then put them in a food processor with the icing sugar and whiz until coarsely chopped. Now add the flour, salt and butter and whiz until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs. Top marks.
3. Add the egg yolk and blitz until the mixture just comes together. Tip it onto a board and bring together with your hands. Wrap the dough in baking parchment and chill for 15 minutes until firm.
4. Unwrap the dough and leave it sitting on the baking parchment. Dust your rolling pin and the surface of the dough with flour, and roll it out (on the parchment) to a 5mm thickness. Cut out 24 rounds using a 4cm (1 1/2in) round cutter, re-rolling when necessary. Price each round all over, then transfer to the prepared baking sheet and bake for 8.10 minutes until golden. Cool on a wire rack.
5. Please beat the mascarpone and icing sugar together in a bowl. If the mixture looks too soft to pipe, chill it for half an hour so it firms up. Spoon it into a piping bag, fitted with a 1cm (1/2) star nozzle, and pipe a swirl onto all the pastry rounds. Put two halves together, and top each tart with a strawberry.
Not yet a member? It’s free to join ACHICA.com to get your daily dose of shopping promotions
Follow ACHICA on Pinterest here
Check out the ACHICA Facebook page here
For beautiful furniture, accessories and daily design ideas for your home and lifestyle, shop at ACHICA.
Bright furniture for urban hangouts
Uncover a world of perfect playhouses
Pans, utensils, appliances & more
Baking equipment for sweet success
House of Rym
Mix & match Nordic-pattern porcelain
Vera Wang: Dining
A collaboration with Wedgewood
Add a splash of colour to the bathroom
ZONE: Bathroom Accents
Clean designs to complete the look
Opulence: Home Décor
Unique artisan cushions & throws
Eyewear at the forefront of fashion