London Design Festival 2012 is finally here and ACHICA Living has spent the last few days at 100% Design doing our bit to bring you fresh inspiration. We’ve scouted out some great ideas that you can take away with you and use in your own home. Take a look at what’s hot in the world of design here…
1. Brighten up your old oak table with these glossy chairs from Novague (pictured above). They’ll definitely be the topic of conversation at any dinner party. The abstract aluminium edge chair comes with clean, smooth curves and is deceptively comfortable and can even be used in the garden.
2. The saying goes ‘what goes around comes around’ and this definitely applies to Mid-Century style furniture. which is sweeping the interior design world. Check out these gorgeous green accents pieces from And Then Designs (coffee table) and Bark (sofa). They come in the hottest colour of the season and really make a statement.
3. We all love to gather around a single coffee table for a good chat (be it at home or work) but how about using a nest of side tables to act as the main centrepiece of a room, placed between two sofas? We think these solid black walnut and maple side tables would look great as the main focus. Open them up in a line in front of your sofa or stand them at an angle to add some character.
4. Bring a bit of your greenery into your home (and we don’t mean those oversized plants that grow every which way but up). This fantastic side cabinet from Jib Designs is made from solid oak and comes with a sunken top surface to store the ceramic pots. We’re loving the thought of using it as a herb garden.
5. You can really liven up those plain walls with this contemporary shelving unit from designer Matteo Gerbi. It’s also a simple way to create a striking feature wall. The coloured support units can hold anything from small plants to picture frames and are great for showing off your collection of books or old vinyl.
6. Round is the new square. Subtle oval and circular shapes are a great way of introducing a different dimension to your home so try using these drum bowl tables from Swedese. Not only do they ensure nothing falls off but they are also detachable.
7. You may find it difficult to know how to mix and match coloured sofas in fear of creating something tacky rather than tasteful so why not just avoid the confusion and use these two tone sofas from Joint Design Direction. They’re comfy and cool and you can even choose your own fabric and colour to compliment your existing interior.
8. Don’t ignore your lighting. Create a piece de résistance by investing in a suspension lamp from Delightfull. They’re classy, elegant and draw attention upward to open up the room. Finish with an automated light control to create a calming atmosphere.
For gorgeous homewares, take a look at the promotions at ACHICA
Not yet a member? It’s free to join ACHICA.com to get your daily dose of shopping promotions.
Like the ACHICA Facebook page here.
Follow ACHICA on Twitter here
Follow ACHICA on Pinterest here
For beautiful furniture, accessories and daily design ideas for your home and lifestyle,
shop at ACHICA.
Keya Modessa, ACHICA Features Writer
View all posts by Keya Modessa, ACHICA Features Writer