As Specialist Bed Linen Buyer for ACHICA Mel Fisk knows a thing or two about good bedding. What a great job to be testing out bedding all day we say. Here she explains the benefits of silk and why it’s great for ensuring the perfect night’s snooze…
1. ‘Silk is hypoallergenic. Dust mites, mold and funguses stay away from silk, making it a perfect choice for people suffering from asthma and from certain types of allergies.
2. It’s easy to keep clean. The pillows can be washed at home and the single duvet will fit into a domestic machine. I’d recommend a specialist launderer for larger duvet sizes, but if you follow the care instructions and wash at a low temperature on a gentle cycle the silk fibres will last a lifetime.
3. Silk is naturally breathable - the silks fibres will wick away moisture, regulating the temperature of the duvet or pillow as you sleep. It’s ideal for those of us who get hot in bed, but also means the duvet will be warm enough in winter and cool enough during hot summer nights.
4. It’s durable and the unique silk fibre technology is built to last.
5. It’s super soft and feels great on your skin. Silk fibres create a luxurious duvet or pillow and give you that luxurious hotel style and finish, all year round.
Shop the Timeless Luxury promotion at ACHICA now until 6.30am Friday 14th September.
The ACHICA Living blog brings you style inspiration from ACHICA.
Already a member of ACHICA.com? Click here for current shopping promotions.
Not yet a member? It’s free to join ACHICA.com to get your daily dose of shopping promotions.
Like the ACHICA Facebook page here.
Follow ACHICA on Twitter here
Follow ACHICA on Pinterest here
For beautiful furniture, accessories and daily design ideas for your home and lifestyle,
shop at ACHICA.
Emily Peck, Editor
View all posts by Emily Peck, Editor