The New Year is approaching, but here's a few things you might like to try before 2012 is out. Have fun...
1. Watch Elf, at least once a week between now and Christmas. (For a bit of variety you could throw in It's a Wonderful Life, The Sound of Music and even The Wizard of Oz).
2. When the snow comes back, make fairies at the top of Box Hill: Lay down in a pristine patch of snow and flap your arms up and down like wings – the impression you leave will look like a heavenly creature. (Avoid yellow snow!)
3. Lie about your age: You’re never too old to sit on Santa’s knee. He’ll be visiting a department store near you. Just tell them you’re big for your age and head for Father Christmas’s grotto – remember to take your wish list with you and if you haven’t been very good this year, lie some more.
4. Make a snowball granita: Mix together 1.5 oz of Advocaat and 8 oz lemonade. Put it in a Tupperware container and then pop it into the freezer. Stir it every few hours until it has an icy consistency. Serve it as an alternative dessert.
5. Go for a Boxing Day swim: Yes, seriously. The Tenby Boxing Day swim (pictured, top) has been happening since 1970 and now attracts some 600 Christmas dippers. Fancy dress is optional.
The ACHICA Living blog brings you style inspiration from ACHICA.
For beautiful furniture, accessories and daily design ideas for your home and lifestyle,
shop at ACHICA.
Steven Short, Guest Editor
View all posts by Steven Short, Guest Editor