Scouring car boot sales and flea markets for vintage finds has its perks, but when time and stamina are of the essence, sourcing characterful retro homewares online is convenient and just as satisfying. The key to achieving a stylish vintage feel at home is by teaming rustic distressed furniture with glamourous metallic decorative accessories such as mirrors and lighting. Here are a few of our favourite finds at ACHICA today that will help achieve a dreamy vintage look in the bedroom…
1. This Digit Sideboard is finished in upcycled timber and looks equally good in the bedroom as it does in the living room or hallway. It features numbered drawers that are not only a charming decorative retro touch, but come in handy when you can’t sleep and need something other than sheep to count.
2. For traditional old-world charm it has got to be mismatched pieces all the way, as opposed to modern matching furniture. Opt for pieces such as the Tremoy 2 Drawer Chest, which has been delicately distressed and finished in taupe. Use it to store clothes, linens and other bits and bobs.
3. For eye-catching vintage va va voom, don’t forget the glitz. This oversized Grande Antique Silver Mirror is finished in antique silver. On the glamour scale it rivals that of Jay Gatsby sipping a Mint Julep cocktail.
4. Beautifully curvaceous lamp bases also help to add elegance. This Miranese Table Lamp features a dazzling gold-speckled glass base, which is balanced by a sobering fluted drum shade in cream.
5. A little frivolity goes a long way when it comes to creating vintage style. These mirror butterflies are a fine way to freshen up an empty wall or dark corner of a room. Place them near a window to reflect the light around the room or position them by the door. That way they’ll also come in useful when you need a quick make-up check as you leave your bedroom and start your day…
All these homewares can be found in the Gallery: Vintage, Home Accents and Glamour promotions at ACHICA
For beautiful furniture, accessories and daily design ideas for your home and lifestyle,
shop at ACHICA.
Emily Peck, Editor
View all posts by Emily Peck, Editor