Whether you’re planning a dinner party or not, it’s always a good idea to look after your cutlery sets and knives. Cleaning them the right way ensures they last a lot longer. Unleash your inner domestic goddess with these simple top tips to caring for your stainless-steel cutlery and knives…
1. Wash cutlery as soon as possible in warm soapy water to remove all residue and then gently buff dry with a soft towel. This helps to remove any water spots.
2. To give your cutlery an extra shine, add a teaspoon of bicarbonate of soda in warm water. This will also help remove stubborn stains. After a few minutes rinse and dry with a towel.
3. For knives, wash each one in the same way but after washing, lay them out flat on a dish towel or hand dry them.
4. Store your knives by putting them into a knife block or plastic sheath to protect them. If you have to store them in a drawer, keep them separate from other cutlery and protect the blades by wrapping them in heavy paper or cardboard.
5. And finally, protect your knives by using a cutting board to prepare your produce – never cut on a marble or granite counter as this can damage the blade.
For beautiful furniture, accessories and daily design ideas for your home and lifestyle,
shop at ACHICA.
Keya Modessa, ACHICA Features Writer
View all posts by Keya Modessa, ACHICA Features Writer